Basil pesto & king prawn spaghetti
Week 1, Monday
Time: 10 minutes
Vegetarian swap: Remove the king prawns
- 16 Artic king prawns
- 60g/2 tbsp of green basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 lemon cut into halves
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 2 tsp of chopped garlic
- 220g of spaghetti
- 10 basil leaves
- Tsp of vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt.
- 1. Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until starting to soften - Usually between 6-8 minutes.
- 2. At around 4 minutes into cooking the spaghetti, add 1 x tsp of vegetable oil to a medium heat frying pan, add the tomato paste and cook for a few seconds then add the red chilli, pesto paste and garlic.
- 3. Cook this out for around 40 - 50 seconds and then turn up the heat, and add the spaghetti with a little pasta water. Then add the king prawns, tear in some basil leaves and coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
- 4. As the prawns start to turn pink, add the spaghetti, a squeeze of half the lemon and then a small amount of the pasta water. This will loosen the pasta sauce ready for serving.
- 5. Once the prawns are piping hot, serve and add another squeeze of lemon over each dish.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Arctic Royal Raw Peeled & Deveined King Prawns (26-30\/lb)£5.95Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Tomato Paste£0.59Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Paprika£2.05Stock available
- KTC Extended Life Vegetable oil..£0.85Stock available
- Green Basil Pesto£1.17Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Spaghetti£3.04Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available