BLT pizza with a watercress & rocket salad
Week 1, Saturday
Time: 35 minutes
Vegetarian swap: Remove the bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 2 deep pan pizza bases
- 30g fresh basil
- 60g rocket, water cress and spinach salad
- 3 large tomatoes cut into small chunks
- 8 streaky bacon
- 250g mozzarella balls
- 250g tomato paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1. Mix together the basil pesto, tomato paste, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 2. Add the streaky bacon to a griddle pan and grill until starting to dry for around 5 minutes.
- 3. Lay out the pizza bases on a flat surface.
- 4. In a circular motion using the back of a table spoon, add the tomato paste mix to the pizza base, and try to cover up to around an inch each away from the edges.
- 5. Scatter the bases with the bacon, half the fresh basil and torn mozzarella, then place into a pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes until piping hot and the cheese is melting.
- 6. Mix the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar and salad leaves.
- 7. Serve and enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Green Basil Pesto£1.17Stock available
- Capri Foods Deep Crust Pizza Base 9\"£6.99Stock available
- Il Borgo Balsamic Vinegar of Modena£2.61Stock available
- Galbani Mozzarella Balls£0.95Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Tomato Paste£0.59Stock available