Apple and cinnamon rolls
A simple but tasty treat to make!
Time: 40 minutes
- 8 Bramley apples
- Lemon juice
- 400g of self raising flour
- 3g of cooking salt
- 250g of unsalted butter
- 160ml of whole milk
- 50g of demerara sugar
- 10g of ground cinnamon
- 40g of caster sugar
For the filling:
- Peel, core and dice the apples into small dice
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and stir well to stop the apples browning
For the pastry:
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt
- Rub in the butter and add the caster sugar with half the cinnamon. Mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and add the milk a little at a time. Mix to form a smooth pastry.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to approximately 50 x 30cm
- Place the apples on the pastry and sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon and demerara sugar
- Roll up from the short end to create a large roll - cut into 10 slices
- Place the slices in a well greased oven proof dish, not too tightly
- Bake at 180C for 40 minutes, checking the centre is cooked through
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Everyday Favourites Self Raising Flour£4.95Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Arco Lemon Juice Squeezy£0.78Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Bramley Apples£4.67Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Ground Cinnamon£2.76Stock available
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar£1.23Stock available