King prawn risotto
Week 4, Monday
Time: 30 minutes
Vegetarian swap: swap prawns for 4 large field mushrooms
- 14 king prawns - roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- 20g chopped mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 300g Arborio rice
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cube of vegetable stock and 850ml water
- 150g spinach
- 100g onions sliced
- 1. Add the olive oil and onions to a pre heated (medium heat) cooking pan and cook for 6 minutes stirring regularly.
- 2. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook until translucent
- 3. Then add the rice to the same pan and a 100ml of the veg stock water.
- 4. Slowly add some more of the stock water a bit at a time, every time the rice looks like it needs moisture add some more. Take your time on this.
- 5. Once you have your last 200ml of stock water left, add the frozen spinach, chopped mint and stir in the final part of the stock.
- 6. When the rice has started to absorb the last of the stock, stir in the chopped king prawns and a good squeeze of lemon and cook until piping hot.
- 7. Serve and enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Arctic Royal Raw Peeled & Deveined King Prawns (26-30\/lb)£5.95Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Italian (Arborio) Risotto Rice£1.76Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Leaf Spinach£0.95Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available