Chorizo mac & cheese
Fusing an American classic with Spanish flavours!
Time: 45 minutes
- 300g of macaroni
- 50g of grated hard cheese
- 30g of breadcrumbs
- 50g of salted butter
- 50g of plain white flour
- 500ml of whole milk
- 1g of whole cloves
- 1g of bay leaves
- 160g of chorizo
- 5g garlic in oil
- 100ml of dry white wine
- 5g of parsley
- 120g of button mushrooms
- 1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan, then add the flour. Whilst cooking gently, slowly add in the milk, whilst whisking the mixture continuously until it is smooth
- 2. In a seperate pan, sweat down the diced chorizo and garlic. Once the oils start to seep out of the chorizo, add the mushrooms
- 3. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and then reduce down. Remove half the mix to use as a topping later on.
- 4. Add the béchamel you created, half the grated hard cheese and the parsley to the remainder in the pan
- 5. Cook the pasta for approximately 9 minutes in salted boiling water. Once cooked, drain it and fold the macroni through the sauce until the pasta is evenly coated
- 6. Place the contents of the pan into an over proof dish, top with the remaining chorizo mix and cover with the rest of the cheese. You can also add breadcrumbs if you like!
- 7. Bake it in an oven for around 15 minutes until it is golden on the top
- 8. Enjoy the rest of your wine with the meal!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Gustoso Macaroni£5.80Stock available
- Lakeland Dairies Salted Butter Foiled Portions 8g£4.36Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Plain White Flour£4.25Stock available
- Chef William Whole Cloves£7.30Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Bay Leaves£1.17Stock available
- Brindisa Alejandro Sliced Chorizo£2.34Stock available
- Vinamar Sauvignon Blanc£33.83Stock available