Pappardelle with a tomato & basil sauce
Week 4, Wednesday
Time: 25 minutes
- 200g/12 sheets lasagna pasta snapped into pappardelle sizes, 1” wide and the length of the pasta sheet.
- 30g basil
- 10 olives
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1. Add pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook until beginning to soften. Drain and leave in a small amount of the pasta water.
- 2. Add a drizzle of oil to a sauce or frying pan on a medium high heat, along with the garlic, olives and vinegar.
- 3. Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- 4. Add half the basil along with the pasta and a little of the reserved pasta water.
- 5. Add a pinch of pepper and serve with a sprinkle of the remaining basil.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Everyday Favourites Italian Lasagne Sheets£0.75Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Paprika£2.05Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Il Borgo Balsamic Vinegar of Modena£2.61Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available