Sesame beef with tender-stem broccoli
Week 1, Friday
Time: 30 minutes
Vegetarian swap: Replace steak with 500g tofu
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 500g cut strips steak
- 1/2 a chilli - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic finely chopped or mashed
- 600g Amoy straight to wok noodles
- 1. To make the sauce mix the sesame seeds, dark soy sauce, honey, chilli and garlic together in a small bowl.
- 2. Add the vegetable oil into a high heat frying pan or wok and once the oil is hot, add the beef and flash fry for 2-3 minutes. Keep the meat moving so that it fries rather than boiling.
- 3. Add the broccoli to the pan and once these are hot, add the sauce.
- 4. Once the sauce has coated all of the vegetables and meat (1 minute), add the noodles and stir all together until piping hot, then serve.