Spaghetti alla Norma
Week 2, Tuesday
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 aubergine cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp green basil pesto
- 1 lemon
- 220g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 30g coriander
- 200g chopped onions
- 15g basil
- 150g carrots finely chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 20cl red wine
- 10g rosemary
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 60g parmesan
- 1. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt & pepper, basil pesto, juice of half the lemon, garlic, onions, coriander and carrots to a deep pan and cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 2. Add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, rosemary, basil, chopped tomatoes and 200ml of hot water to the mix and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Using a stick blender or table top blender, blitz until smooth.
- 4. Meanwhile, salt and pepper the aubergine and add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot frying pan.
- 5. Add the aubergine and fry until golden in colour.
- 6. While the aubergine is cooking add the spaghetti to a seasoned pan of boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- 7. Drain the spaghetti but leave 2 x tbsp of the pasta water with the spaghetti, then add the blitzed sauce along with the chunks of aubergine.
- 8. Serve the spaghetti with a generous squeeze of lemon and grate over some parmesan cheese.
Buy Ingredients Now
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Green Basil Pesto£1.17Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Spaghetti£3.04Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Growers Pride Carrots Baby Whole British£0.75Stock available
- Il Borgo Balsamic Vinegar of Modena£2.61Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available