Vegetarian swap: Swap minced beef for 500g x kater vegan mince
2 tbsp olive oil
60g grated cheddar
1 pinch black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic
1 tbsp beef bouillon with 300ml water
200g onions finely sliced
100g carrots finely chopped
500g Farmstead fresh minced beef
800g x chopped tomatoes
1. Place a large frying pan over a High heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot add the beef mince and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Cook the mince until well browned, splitting the mince with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn’t lump up. It needs to be a brown colour. Once browned, transfer the mince to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan you browned the mince in and turn the heat to medium. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
4. Add the garlic and the carrots and cook for another 2 minutes then pour the mince and any juices in the bowl back into the saucepan.
5. Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir well to mix. Pour in the stock, bring to a simmer and then reduce the temperature to simmer gently for 35 - 45 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary with salt and pepper.
6. Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Cook for 7- 9mins until soft to the touch.
7. Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain and add to the pan with the bolognaise sauce. Mix well and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and ground pepper.