Week 3, Monday
Time: 45 minutes
Vegetarian swap: Swap minced beef for 500g x kater vegan mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60g grated cheddar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 220g spaghetti
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon with 300ml water
- 200g onions finely sliced
- 100g carrots finely chopped
- 500g Farmstead fresh minced beef
- 800g x chopped tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place a large frying pan over a High heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot add the beef mince and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook the mince until well browned, splitting the mince with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn’t lump up. It needs to be a brown colour. Once browned, transfer the mince to a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan you browned the mince in and turn the heat to medium. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
- 4. Add the garlic and the carrots and cook for another 2 minutes then pour the mince and any juices in the bowl back into the saucepan.
- 5. Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir well to mix. Pour in the stock, bring to a simmer and then reduce the temperature to simmer gently for 35 - 45 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary with salt and pepper.
- 6. Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Cook for 7- 9mins until soft to the touch.
- 7. Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain and add to the pan with the bolognaise sauce. Mix well and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and ground pepper.
Buy Ingredients Now
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Spaghetti£3.04Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Gluten Free Beef Flavour Bouillon Paste£10.59Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Growers Pride Carrots Baby Whole British£0.75Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available