Spanish omelette and tomato salad
Week 1, Wednesday
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 500g of peeled potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 200g of sliced onions
- 8 eggs
- 120g of rocket watercress spinach salad
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tomatoes - chopped
- 1. Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water seasoned with salt.
- 2. Cook for 7-8 minutes until they slide off a knife. Then drain and slice the potatoes into small bite size chunks.
- 3. Add the oil to a frying pan and add the onions and butter, then cook on a medium heat for around 8-9 minutes until they are softened and translucent.
- 4. Add the potatoes to an oven proof dish or oven safe frying pan. This need to be around 8” round. Then add the onions and spread evenly to the dish / pan.
- 5. Crack and whisk the eggs, then pour over the potato and onion mix and, add to a pre heated oven at 180c. Cook for 10 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- 6. Add the salad mix and tomatoes along with a generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar and season.
- 7. Cut the Spanish omelette into four and serve each slice on a plate along with the dressed salad.
Buy Ingredients Now
- Il Borgo Balsamic Vinegar of Modena£2.61Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Medium Fresh Eggs£3.09Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Peeled New Potatoes£3.66Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Anchor Butter£1.36Stock available