Speedy chilli con carne
Week 4, Thursday
Time: 45 minutes
Vegetarian swap: swap minced beef for 500g kater vegan mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon with 300ml boiling water
- 280g basmati rice
- 10g chives
- 200g sliced onions
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 400g rinsed red kidney beans
- 500g beef mince
- 4 tsp greek yogurt
- 60g grated white cheddar
- 1. Add the olive oil to a deep frying pan on a medium high heat, add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for around 12 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- 2. Add the spices along with the beef and increase to a high heat, breaking the mince up into small bits whilst cooking.
- 3. Cook until the mince browns and add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, stock with water and let this simmer for around 15 mins.
- 4. Meanwhile cook the rice with double the quantities of water, bring to the boil, place oil the lid and allow to simmer.
- 5. Serve the rice with the chilli and grated cheddar, then drizzle with yogurt and a sprinkle of chives.
Buy Ingredients Now
- Everyday Favourites Paprika£2.05Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Ground Cumin£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Ground Cinnamon£2.76Stock available
- Red Kidney Beans£0.52Stock available
- Greek Style Yogurt£4.05Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Gluten Free Beef Flavour Bouillon Paste£10.59Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Basmati Rice£6.99Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available