Sticky onion bangers & mash with a basil & red wine gravy
Week 1, Sunday
Time: 45 minutes
Vegetarian swap: Swap the pork sausages with Glamorgan style sausages and the beef bouillon paste with a vegetable stock
- 3 tsp of butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of beef bouillon paste
- 200g of sliced onions
- 8 pork sausages
- 800g mashed potatoes
- 15g of basil
- 50g of bisto gravy
- 20cl of red wine
- 10g of rosemary
- 1. Add the sausages to an oven safe pan and roast for 25 minutes at 200c
- 2. Add the mashed potato to a saucepan along with a splash of water and the butter. Stir until softened.
- 3. In a separate medium sized sauce pan, add the vegetable oil, onions, half the rosemary and salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook the onions for 15 mins on a medium / high heat until they begin to soften. Then add the red wine, boiling water and the remaining rosemary.
- 5. Stir in the bouillon paste and the gravy granules, reduce the heat and allow to bubble and thicken.
- 6. Add a generous portion of the mash to a plate, add sausages, and then add the basil leaves. Using some tongs, layer some of the onions over the top and finish with the red wine gravy.
- 7. Serve and enjoy!
Buy Ingredients Now
- Anchor Butter£1.36Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Gluten Free Beef Flavour Bouillon Paste£10.59Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Mashed Potato£2.75Stock available
- Bisto Gravy Granules£1.46Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Glamorgan Style Sausages£6.99Stock available
- Helva Reduced Salt Vegetable Stock£4.79Stock available