A Valentine's Day treat for your loved one!
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1kg of shortcrust pastry mix
- 200g of strawberry jam
- 200g of strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 30g of caster sugar
- 300g of clotted cream
- Ceramic baking beans or dried pulses
For the pastry:
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Mix the pastry as per the pack instructions and then leave to chill for about 30 minutes
- 2. Dust your work surface with flour. Put the pastry on it and sprinkle a little flour on top. Try to avoid putting too much flour as you can make it too dry.
- 3. Roll out the pastry gently, turning every so often until it is large enough
- 4. Cut the pastry using a circle cutter and place into a muffin tin. Press the pastry in using your fingertips
- 5. Prick the base of the pastry case all over with a fork. Line the tart with baking parchment and fill them with ceramic baking beans or dried pulses.
- 6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the pastry becomes biscuity
- 7. Whilst this bakes, cut the remainder of the pastry into heart shapes and place to one side. You'll need around 10-12 small hearts for each tart
For the filling, baking and decorating:
- 1. Chop your strawberries in halves and mix with the strawberry jam in a bowl
- 2. Remove the filled parchment paper out of the baked pastry. Then add in the strawberry mix
- 3. Top the tarts with the heart shapes starting from the bottom up. Then using egg yolks only, brush the top evenly with a pastry brush
- 4. Place in an oven and bake at 180c for 10-12minutes. They'll be golden brown when finished.
- 5. To finish, sprinkle with some caster sugar and enjoy it with some clotted cream
Buy Ingredients Now
- Everyday Favourites Shortcrust Pastry Mix£4.81Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Strawberry Jam£4.49Stock available
- Individually Quick Frozen Strawberries£2.45Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Large Fresh Eggs£15.47Stock available
- Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar£9.70Stock available
- Cornish Clotted Cream£33.25Stock available