Sweet potato vegetable chilli bake
Week 3, Wednesday
Time: 40 minutes
- 90g mixed leaf salad
- 410g baked beans
- 150g pitted black olives
- 15g chopped chives
- 750g sweet potato cut into chunky wedges
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 400g kidney beans rinsed
- 4 tsp greek yogurt
- 80g grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 100g chopped onions
- 150g chopped leeks
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 40g parmesan cheese
- 1. Using a large deep baking tray, add half the oil, paprika and wedges, then place in a pre-heated oven for 25 mins at 200c.
- 2. Place a large saucepan on a medium / high heat and add the oil, garlic, leeks onions, cumin powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add the vinegar along with the tomatoes, beans and kidney beans.
- 4. Stir together and pour over the potato wedges in the tray, place back in the oven for 15 minutes stirring every five minutes.
- 5. Take out of the oven and sprinkle in the olives, then top with the grated cheddar and parmesan over the top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- 6. Serve with a simple mixed leaf salad topped with the yogurt and chopped chives.
Buy Ingredients Now
- Branston Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce£0.55Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Paprika£2.05Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Ground Cumin£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Ground Cinnamon£2.76Stock available
- Red Kidney Beans£0.52Stock available
- Greek Style Yogurt£4.05Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cut Leeks£1.00Stock available
- Il Borgo Balsamic Vinegar of Modena£2.61Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available