Vegetable Balti & rice
Week 2, Thursday
Time: 25 minutes
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 800g Balti curry sauce
- 280g basmati rice
- 200g sliced onions
- 1. Add the oil to a pre heated (medium heat) sauce pan with the onions, garlic, sweet potatoes and aubergine. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 2. Add the curry sauce and a splash of water and continue to cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes at a medium heat until the potatoes soften.
- 3. Add the rice to double the quantities of water and bring to the boil. Place a lid on the top and return the heat to low. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the water has disappeared. Do not stir.
- 4. Serve rice with a generous portion of the curry over the top.