Vegetarian mushroom lasagna
Week 1, Thursday
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Chopped garlic in oil
- 200g finely chopped onions
- 250g (15 sheets) lasagna sheet pasta
- 3 tomatoes chopped for salad
- 120g mixed watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 30g basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250g finely chopped chestnut mushrooms
- 200g grated white cheddar
- Salt & pepper
- 200g finely chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese grated
- 400ml hot water with 160g instant cheese sauce
- 1. In a medium heated deep pan, add the olive oil, onions, tomato paste, carrots and mushrooms
- 2. Cook until the onions are beginning to soften, then add the paprika and chopped tomatoes.
- 3. Allow to simmer and thicken for around 15 minutes.
- 4. Mix the hot water and instant cheese sauce together.
- 5. To the bottom of a rectangular oven proof dish, add a layer of the sauce to the bottom, then add 5 of the pasta sheets and a 3rd of the basil. Then add a layer of cheese sauce, and replicate the layers
- 6. Once you have the third layer of pasta sheets, add the cheese sauce and top with the grated cheddar and parmesan.
- 7. Place in a pre-heated oven for 35 minutes at 180c.
- 8. Whilst this is cooking, place the mixed salad and tomatoes in a bowl, then drizzle over some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve this alongside the lasagna.
Buy Ingredients Now
- Everyday Favourites Italian Lasagne Sheets£0.75Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Paprika£2.05Stock available
- La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass£2.23Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cracked Black Peppercorn£2.92Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Cooking Salt£1.09Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Chopped Garlic in Oil£3.42Stock available
- Sliced Onions£1.25Stock available
- Growers Pride Carrots Baby Whole British£0.75Stock available
- Everyday Favourites Tomato Paste£0.59Stock available
- Napolina Chopped Tomatoes£0.84Stock available