1. In a medium heated deep pan, add the olive oil, onions, tomato paste, carrots and mushrooms
2. Cook until the onions are beginning to soften, then add the paprika and chopped tomatoes.
3. Allow to simmer and thicken for around 15 minutes.
4. Mix the hot water and instant cheese sauce together.
5. To the bottom of a rectangular oven proof dish, add a layer of the sauce to the bottom, then add 5 of the pasta sheets and a 3rd of the basil. Then add a layer of cheese sauce, and replicate the layers
6. Once you have the third layer of pasta sheets, add the cheese sauce and top with the grated cheddar and parmesan.
7. Place in a pre-heated oven for 35 minutes at 180c.
8. Whilst this is cooking, place the mixed salad and tomatoes in a bowl, then drizzle over some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve this alongside the lasagna.