Vietnamese meatball noodles
Week 3, Saturday
Time: 30 minutes
Vegetarian swap: swap sausages for 8 Quorn sausages
- 1 tsp veg oil
- 8 Farmstead sausages, with the contents taken out of the skin and rolled into balls.
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 100g tenderstem broccoli chopped into small pieces.
- 1.5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 finely chopped chilli
- 1 lime
- 1. Mix the sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce and chilli together in a small bowl.
- 2. Add the noodles to boiling water and allow to soften.
- 3. Place a hot wok on a medium high heat, add the oil and then the meat balls, you want to cook these and keep them turning for around 7 mins until you have colour on all the sides and they are piping hot in the middle.
- 4. Add the broccoli and keep on a high heat for around 2 mins.
- 5. When cooked add the noodles to the meatballs along with a splash of the noodle water, then stir together and mix in the chilli honey and soy mixture.
- 6. Serve and squeeze the lime juice into each dish along with the spring onions.